Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

UP


Our house feels a bit like this - - or I imagine it does.  The basement repair involves two walls being clear of "stuff" so we have been tossing and also sending our daughters' storage to their houses.  With so much weight leaving the basement, the house has to be rising up a bit?!!!

The good news is after listening to a lot of ideas about how to best fix the basement, we chose a contractor today who will do a traditional fix with proper drainage around the outside of the house as well as a retaining wall of interlocking blocks outside the drainage area.  There will be pictures for your viewing in the future.

This week, our contractor will build the temporary inside wall that will support our home while blocks are being replaced and excavation done for drainage.  The majority of the repair work will not be done for at least a couple of weeks.
And I have pics from my siblings' visit to show you if there is ever a minute.

He blesses the home of the just.  Proverbs 3:33b

11 comments:

Amy DeTrempe said...

Even though you have to do all this work, it has to be exciting to be free of excess clutter.

Anonymous said...

Praying that the repairs go smoothly for you and your husband. Keep us posted and God bless.

Pat said...

Sounds like a thorough and proper job. Hope it all goes well.

Buttercup said...

Good luck with the repairs. I'm in the midst of decluttering -- spent quite some time earlier today and I look forward to a feeling of "up."

betty said...

Good to declutter, sorry it has to be under these circumstances! It sounds like such a grueling job they are going to have to do! I would imagine it will be interesting to see the project and the end product but hoping it all goes smoothly and finishes on time!

betty

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lynda, I hope and pray that things good smoothly while they work on your home. I know you will be thrilled to get that job finished...

May God Bless You.
Hugs,
Betsy

Patsy said...

It is always nice to get a renewing and more room.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, so much going on for you both!!! Hopefully it will all go smoothly. (or semi smoothly?) It sounds like you might lighten your load at the same time.
Take care,
Suz


p.s. Don't you just love UP???? the best movie ever.

Amanda said...

Sounds tiring.

grammy said...

I love the idea of your house being lighter...
mine too
now the trick is not to fill it up again
good luck with the construction.

Savories of life said...

It is always hard to know what to get rid off. As always praying for you like all the other. a wonderful thign to having praying friends even if they are but blog friends.