Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

October, Week 1

Once again it was time for the monthly cooking demonstration at the church.  The theme was casseroles.  That doesn't lend itself well to decorating so the display table was decorated for football.
The colors at UTK are orange which is a wonderful color for this time of year.   Fabric overlay and two different kinds of flowers make for a festive table.
Do any of you have the display stand that allows you to weave ribbon around the rim?  The stand is wonderful for many things - - pies, cakes, cookies, - - - or a potted plant!
The placemat was felt made to look like a football field.  The plate is a disposable that was painted - - and notice the ribbon on the plastic utensils matches the display stand.  This was the only table decorated.  The 100+ participants sat at plain, narrow conference tables.  That works well to allow more space and easier cleanup.
The highlight of my week was on Friday when I got to babysit Benjamin by myself for three hours!  He is so precious!   He got to play on the blanket - - - - go outside - - and of course some of the usual stuff like drink a bottle.
My biggest concern was if he would go to sleep for me or be upset because I was not his mommy.  However, my daughter has him on a great schedule and on a wonderful routine.  When he is tired, full stomach, and dry bottom, if you swaddle him, he immediately goes to sleep - - - even when you don't swaddle correctly!
The only other activity scheduled for this weekend was another baby shower for a precious friend's daughter.  I did not use this second card but had another one for her.  As usual, we had a very good time together.

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!  Psalm 139:17

9 comments:

betty said...

I bet those three hours when you were watching Benjamin just flew by! He's so cute! What a great idea to do cooking demonstrations like that at church; a great time of fellowship plus learning something new with cooking!

October already; hard to believe!

betty

Buttercup said...

The tables look so pretty. I need to get my apartment in the autumn mood. Love seeing pictures of Benjamin!

Anonymous said...

Very festive tables and what fun.

Benjamin looks like he is saying, "Go Vols!!!" What a blessing he is...so sweet.

Laura said...

What a treat to have that little cutie! Oh give him a little hug from the Muncks. You are richly blessed, enjoy this special time.
Laura

Busy Bee Suz said...

Well, it is obvious that Benjamin is the best baby in the world! :) He is precious; so glad you get to share some time with him.
Love the festive table decor...and I DO have one of those plates that allows for ribbon to adorn it!

Pat said...

How fun to have Benjamin all to yourself! My niece used the swaddling technique and it seemed to work for her!

I love the fall decorations on the table.

George said...

Your pictures of Benjamin are adorable. I'm sure you enjoyed your time with him. The table decorations at your church were perfect for this time of year.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

OH Lynda, Benjamin is adorable. I can only imagine your joy at getting to keep him. That is AWESOME...

Looks like a great party... Love the decorations... Of course, you know I'd love it since I'm a huge Vol Fan!!!!

Have a great weekend/week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Amanda said...

I'm glad he enjoyed his time with you. Yes, the Swaddler is way too loose, and none of it goes higher than his neck. lol. We'll work on it. Glad he slept anyway. He'll outgrow it before long.