Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

ME

I made Grammy VERY HAPPY today because I said her name!!!   Well, part of it anyway.
At lunch Pop Pop asked me to say, "Grammy" and I uttered sounds that made them believe I had mimicked them well. 
However, when I woke up from my nap, I called, "Me" . . . . "Me" . . . . "Me" and then I was looking at Gram---MEE beaming at me!   She said, "You called Grammy, didn't you?"   She seemed very pleased with no words for an answer but just another big smile from my Pack 'n' Play.  It's amazing how she and Pop Pop become my servants with just a smile!
 
As you can see, I am growing into a future football player.  (My hips aren't really that big - - - It's just the way the fabric has fallen.)  I, Benjamin, am now 6 1/2 months old and as tall as an average 9 month old.  Grammy says I give her quite a strength-training workout.  My thought is all women her age need that kind of exercise to help increase their bone density.
 I try to help Grammy as often as possible since I can now hold my own bottle (that is filled with my mommy's milk).  I do like to be in control of my actions and schedule when the adults will allow it.  In addition to a couple of bottles, my diet includes fruits and vegetables.  Every few days, my taste buds experience something new!
 Grammy reads books (recommended by my "mamamamama") that give her ideas on how to "guide me toward my potential".  One idea was to put my toys in a clear plastic box and I could have the option of choosing.  My thought was just pick up the whole box and chew the bottom of it.
  Grammy thinks fresh air is important, too - - - no matter how cool it is outside.  That's great because I love strolling around the neighborhood.  The tall, tall trees fascinate me and Grammy's labored breathing as she climbs the hilly road is funny.  She keeps telling me how much she loves me and is excited every morning when she sees me again.
 
  And here is one of my favorite friends even though she won't let me pet her but Kit Kat will get close enough to talk to me with her eyes.  She likes me and acts like a guard dog.  Somebody needs to tell that sweet kitty that Grammy and Pop Pop are thinking about getting a dog for me at their house next fall.  I know that Pop Pop is using me as an excuse for him to get another "man's best friend".
  
 Grammy wants you to know that all the pictures were taken with her phone.  My Mommy has time to get pictures with her camera and post them on her blog but Grammy hasn't mastered all that yet!  She always has her phone close by but not her camera.  Plus she doesn't seem real thrilled when I try to grab for the camera.  My thought is anything near me is a toy for me - - right?!!

When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother  2 Timothy 1:5

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Aww, I love it! It must be wonderful to be able to spend so much time with him.

betty said...

He's getting so big!! So adorable!! I'm sure the days are so pleasant watching over him!

betty

George said...

These are wonderful pictures of Benjamin -- he is definitely growing. I suspect he has you pretty well trained by now.

George said...

These are great pictures of Benjamin -- he is really growing. I suspect he has you pretty well trained by now.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Lynda, Your grandbaby is so adorable... I know you are THRILLED to be a Grammy... I'm a Grammy also --but my grands are all TEENS now... Yipes!!!!

Fabulous photos. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda said...

Hi Lynda, what a great post...and those photos!

TexWisGirl said...

adorable! the football outfit definitely looks tough! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

That boy is not only handsome, but he writes a good blog post too!!!! Love this. I can see you are both having a lovely time together. The bonus is all the good exercise. :)
XO

Pat said...

Aw, your grandson is so sweet! I bet he's enjoying his time with you as much as you do with him! :)

Karen said...

What a CUTIE! And so verbal!!! I know you enjoy him.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Absolutely precious!! What an adorable babe.. you are very blessed ♥ That kitty is gorgeous too! Have a wonderful Sunday! -Tammy