Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

It's All About the Green

Benjamin is growing very fast and this apron will fit before we can wonder how time has disappeared!
He received it at this fun & informative event held at CSCC yesterday. 
Their college has zero energy cost and wants the community to know ways they can contribute to Earth's "sustainability".
We all had a fun day together.  Most of the smiles we captured were of "The Boy"!

You have to see the entire shirt because it is a true statement.
Benjamin's dad (our sweet son-in-law) set up this booth for his work.  His department "manages the quality of stormwater runoff from the stormwater drainage system . . . to protect its citizens from this type of water pollution".  He has great people skills and does well educating others.
The booth in the picture below had many honey products - - and a display (between glass) of a live bee hive. As you can see, Benjamin was more interested in looking at the poster rather than being the face of it.  (The pictures where his face is in the right position are shadowed by where I was standing.)  This shot is more fun anyway.  It shows his inquisitive nature.
I got pictures of all of us except our two daughters.

This location was above the vendor displays.  Bill and I had just finished a snack lunch.  It was the quiet time in between the rain water barrel classes.
The weather was perfect - - a beautiful sunny day without being too warm.  It is one of the very few wonderful days we get between winter and hot, hot summer.
As you can see, the trees are getting their leaves.
This week azaleas and dogwoods are in bloom.
 If you haven't ever attended this event, consider it for next year.  In addition to the free items distributed by the vendors, you can learn some tips on being better stewards of the resources God has provided for us.
. . . . . . God said to them, ". . . . .  have dominion over . . . . every living thing that moves on the earth."Genesis 1:28




12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

he is a cute one! love that little apron with his name on it. :)

Pat said...

It looks like such a beautiful day. Benjamin is such a cutie! And an educational event too!

Buttercup said...

What an interesting day. I especially like the picture of you and Benjamin.

Anonymous said...

He is precious. Looks like a pretty weekend but I guess your pollen is heavy like ours is. Have a good week.

Linda said...

Hi Lynda, great post. He is adorable.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My--your big trees are leafing... Can't wait til ours do!!!! Benjamin is such a handsome young man.. You obviously love him so so so much...

By the way, do you miss work this year? You've had quite an adjustment...

Hugs,
Betsy

Busy Bee Suz said...

Well you know I am in love with this event!!!!! Good stuff. Benjamin is growing so fast, I am amazed. I'm so happy you are all enjoying time together. And yes, it will be summer in a minute or two. It already is here....and one of our a/c units bit the dust yesterday.
XO

Anonymous said...

Benjamin is such a handsome little man and I can see the love and adoration on yours and Bill's faces!!
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! They grow up all too fast!! I can hardly believe that Sally's oldest daughter, Azusa, will be thirteen on May 11th! How does time fly by so quickly???

Anonymous said...

Benjamin is such a handsome little man and I can see the love and adoration on yours and Bill's faces!!
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! They grow up all too fast!! I can hardly believe that Sally's oldest daughter, Azusa, will be thirteen on May 11th! How does time fly by so quickly???

Karen said...

What a great pic of you and Benjamin!

Unknown said...

Such precious pictures of your little man, and looks like everyone had lots of fun. I too live in Tenn. and am a retired RN; 3 children and 6 grand grands!!!

Terra said...

Benjamin is a cutey pie and the event looks like fun and educational at the same time.