Benjamin is happy that his church library has
a table and chairs just his size.
He gravitated to them immediately when he entered the room.
This was their library's grand opening day and I got to be there for it.
His mom is showing him a book.
We have both read to him since he was a little baby.
Both our daughters were on vacation last week - - leaving the same day, June 22 - - - traveling 1,200 miles apart from each other - - returning on the same day, June 29. I got to feed and play with the cats once a day at the older's house - - and of course, clean cat boxes. The younger will most likely post some of her pictures soon.
Tonight was another of my "girlfriends' night" to celebrate a friend's birthday. This friend LOVES July 4th and the patriotic decorations. We were asked to wear red, white, and/or blue. The table had a centerpiece appropriate for the season.
Although we all LOVE to eat, most of us are trying to be calorie-consumption conscious. So tonight's menu was tossed salads with assorted meat and vegetable toppings contributed by those in attendance. It was delicious as usual.
Check out the dessert. I know you wish you had a bite!
After supper and before we left, our hostess had bought LARGE fireworks sparklers
and so we 40- 60 aged women went in the back yard and twirled them!
Praise God for the happy times in life where we can celebrate good things with others!
It gives us a diversion from the events and "decisions" in the news last week. The grief in my heart is miniscule to what God's heart must be experiencing. It would be wonderful if people would actually read the truth of our country's Christian Birth and the ideals of those who were some of the first founders.
On the flip side though is our worship service yesterday at church with the wonderful patriotic and Christian music. Our military men were recognized - - and some saluted each other during that time. Many of us were overcome with tears realizing what their sacrifice in the armed services has given us. So as we celebrate this week, I am thanking God for our precious nation and praying for revival in that land.
Wilt thou not revive us again : that thy people may rejoice in thee? Psalm 85:6
9 comments:
Lynda, that little fella is so cute! The RWB tablescape, the salad bar (& dessert) look amazing.. and I must say I agree with you on the political standpoint. Have a fabulous & blessed 4th!! God Bless the U.S.A! -Tammy p.s. I need a girlfriends' day like you described - perfection :)
Hi Lynda, Benjamin is growing so fast. I love his shirt! He is so adorable.
So glad you had a fun time with girlfriends. Great idea to have all the fixins' for salads and that dessert is one that my sis and I talk about often!
God bless the USA. Happy and safe 4th to you and your family.
he is such a cute boy. :)
Oh Lynda, what a beautiful post! Your grandson is adorable and will hopefully love books his entire life! That spread of salad fixin's looks amazing, and so does that dessert! What a great group of gals you hand with!! It's wonderful that your church recognized the servicemen/women at the services. God bless them all!
It's marvelous that your church recognized the service men and women during the Sunday service. It's also wonderful that Benjamin is so interested in books.
I love seeing churches being patriotic. That is awesome.
Your grandson is really growing up... He's such a cutie...
Sounds like your girls and families had great vacations... Glad also that they both made it home safe and sound.
Your dinner with friends looked fabulous... Glad to see people eating healthy. That dessert looked awesome too... YUM.
Hugs,
Betsy
The table setting and dessert look so festive! Benjamin felt right at home at the table - just his size!!
Every photo of Benjamin shocks me...he is a toddler now! Being a baby is just too short for me. :)
The birthday spread is lovely; what a nice celebration.
What? Cleaning cat boxes is not glamourous? I never got the memo!
XO
Loved this fun and different celebration for our friend! I am sure she had an amazing time. The sparklers were a fantastic idea - it's always great to be a kid again!
Post a Comment