Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Splendid Saturday

With all the rain we have had, Saturday, July 13 was a perfectly sunny day!
The Crepe Myrtles are blooming in profusion all over the area at this time.  These two pictures were taken in front of stores in outdoor mini-malls.  Don't you love it when business owners landscape the parking lot area?

Our destination was Copperhill again.  This view is "on the left"  when you are almost at our daughter's/son-in-law's home.
The celebration of Benjamin's birthday was the reason for the trip.  He turned ONE on Monday!!!  His parents invited quite a few people for a delicious lunch.  They know how to set out a buffet.  The menu included (homemade) barbequed/smoked pork and chicken.  Various salads - including broccoli (yum), - - fruits, and dips were also offered.  There was something for everyone and no excuse to go home hungry!  You could eat inside the air-conditioned cabin or outside under the canopy tents with the slight breeze.
My "job" for the day was to make sure Benjamin was well-rested for the party - - so I had the HUGE blessing of holding him for his nap - - with his mom's permission!  Such a precious, precious time.  While rocking and cuddling, I went down Memory Lane and also prayed for his future.

As you can see, Benjamin moved outside for his cake.  Even though his cheeks are pink, he is under a tent and not in direct sunlight.  It looks like he trying to figure out what the object on his tray is!  Obviously not real cake - -  but he guzzled the water in the cupcake cup.  He likes drinking with straws.
His cupcake had a Cool-Whip type icing but guess he figured it looked like an ice cream cone and this was the best plan of attack!  You may notice the white shirt was removed during chocolate indulgence!   He did not eat all that - - got satisfied with a few bites and quit.
It was a wonderful day for everyone in attendance.    I know I post more than enough pictures of Benjamin because he is our first grandchild and we are still utterly fascinated by him.  You don't ever have to go over to his mom's blog - - - but this post she did was really, really cute.  She is creative in writing and this gives her definite memories of his activity level.  (And no - - she did not let him eat the rocks and grass.)

Let me tell you what God said next. He said, "You're my son, And today is your birthday."  Psalm 2:7



13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

he really is SUCH a cute boy! :) happy 1st birthday to him!

Linda said...

Benjamin is adorable! Happy birthday to him. Beautiful photos, Lynda!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a handsome young fellow. He is adorable and I enjoy that you share him with us. How sweet to get to cradle him while he slept. He is a blessing. I'm off to visit your daughter, now.

Terri D said...

He is precious and adorable, and please continue to post about him, and show us his sweet face whenever you feel like it! I will visit your daughter's blog to see more!

Patsy said...

One year old! Time moves to fast, and
he is adorable.

Pat said...

Oh Lynda, he is so cute! Growing up so fast!

And that cupcake? Yum!

Karen said...

What precious birthday photos and memories. He is so adorable! The crepe myrtles are gorgeous. I like the faint fragrance they give.

George said...

It looks as if Benjamin had a wonderful birthday party, but I think you got the best present -- holding him during his nap. Saturday was a beautiful day here as well.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like Benjamin --and the entire family and friends---had a wonderful party for him... His cupcake was cute --but he didn't dig in like most kids.... My sons were all SO messy!!!! ha

Today is my oldest son's 50th birthday. Mercy me... How can I have a child THAT old???? ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Busy Bee Suz said...

I swear to goodness he was JUST born a few weeks ago. A year? I've got to stop blinking.
Happy birthday to your sweet Benjamin. Love the photos; he is a beautiful little man.

ps. YOU never post too many photos. NEVER!

XOXO

Joyful said...

Beautiful sky images and very cute grandson!

Deborah said...

Loved reading about Benjamin's b-day. What a doll!

Caribbean Cindy said...

Catching up on your blog and loved seeing Benjamin's birthday party! Hard to believe that he is a one-year-old!!! Went to Amanda's post, too, and it was great. She is most definitely a wonderful writer, like her mother!!