Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

I Kil't a Bear

Well, not a real bear but the project felt as big as one.  There are NINE containers here (don't count Pampers box) filled to the top with greeting cards.  Months ago and then weeks ago, I starting sorting them into categories but never got finished for one reason or interruption.
This weekend was the time to get it done and behind me because it is something I knew would make my life easier.  They are all either in  a drawer and a half in the filing cabinet or in a large shopping bag to give to the senior activity center.  My husband helped me when I got near the end and had a stack that was not matched to envelopes.  I was so appreciative because when I get near the end of a project, it is difficult to finish cuz I am sick of it.  But he speeds up when he sees the finish line so he is a good match for me.  (Folders are a bit askew so the labels would photograph better.  The folders are not new but leftover from different projects so this was an economical project.)
About the quote - - - tried to find the origin but it got to take longer than I wanted to invest.   But I know I heard similar things attributed to either Daniel Boone or some novel I have read in the past.    Also, bear would have been pronounced "bar"!

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

organization is good. :)

Terra said...

I think he kilt a bar when he was only three LOL. Per the song. I like your project, I am organizing my papers this month. My word for the year is Simplify. You did good!

Patsy said...

Good for you and I hope you gave that man a big hug. I have so many things like that to do, it is hard to get it going.

Anonymous said...

Tedious projects like this always go faster with a good helper. Sis, Karen, always had a crush on Fess Parker (Daniel Boone)!!!

Unknown said...

Organization is a good thing and we just have to do it!! I am making new labels for the file folders that we put all our paid bills, ins. papers, etc. That is a little project compared to yours, but it needed to be done. Hope you can enjoy the rest of the day - not working.

Linda said...

I absolutely love organizing, Lynda!!!

betty said...

What a project! Good for you seeing it through?! I know when we moved down here, hubby's mom had a lot of greeting cards. I tried to organize them, but gave up and just donated them all away.

betty

White Lace and Promises said...

My mama was such an encourager. When she died, I found boxes of cards that had yellowed from being tucked away and forgotten. So many shared how many times a card came at just the right time. Wonderful to get organized.

Terri D said...

I sorted mine into little plastic drawers, in one of those organizers. Then I just tossed some here and tossed some there...so much for being organized. I need to start again, too. Sigh.

Theresa said...

Oh yes! I am back at it today! I took a few days off from the organizing and then it is hard to get started again:) TODAY is the day, thanks for the inspiration! Have a blessed and clutter-free kinda day, HUGS!

Karen said...

i had a crush on Dan'l Boone (Fess Parker) as a child, so I recognized the phrase!! Yes, that was quite an accomplishment and I know those cards will be much appreciated! - I just saw Mildred's comment :)

George said...

I'm impressed with your organization skills. You and your husband make a good team.

Buttercup said...

This is great and a perfect way to make some order out of one of my drawers. Thanks for the inspiration.

M H said...

Great project...you've inspired me!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I'm not nearly as organized---but do have a similar box (shoe box) with my cards --divided by categories like yours... I have always been a card person --and enjoy sending them..

Two inches of snow here --and SO pretty. BUT--going down to about 5 degrees tonight... Gads.

Glad you kilt your bear!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Busy Bee Suz said...

How awesome is this???? VERY. I love organization and it's not always such an easy task. So glad your husband came in to save the day. :)

Joyful said...

Wow! you have a lot of cards. Do you send a lot of them? I used to keep a number of cards on hand. At least I thought I did, lol. I have one small box specially made for cards of all occasions and sorted by month. I don't use it much anymore. It's great that you and your husband were able to get your project done. I know how good that feels ;-)