Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Inside and Outside

There are quite a few pictures on Pinterest of Bento Boxes - generally lunch.  We have adopted and adapted the idea for breakfast and snacks.  These are silicone cupcake cups inside a plastic pencil box.  Some days we set the cups on a divided plastic plate.  The cereal is Kashi.  Benjamin loves it.
These three stairs lead into a den at the bottom.  We had a gate at the top until this week.  I explained to Benjamin that if he would use the railing (behind him) and go slowly, we would leave the gate down and he could have unlimited access to either area.  He has done extremely well - - stops at stairs and proceeds slowly.  Hopefully that continues so we don't have an accident.
I am sure you are glad I posted a picture of raw meat!  However, I made a BIG pot of Ragu sauce with meatballs.  The hamburger was 97% fat free!  Obviously there were some leftovers - - enough for six more meals.  It doesn't take very much time to cook extra.  Then it is such a blessing to have a quick meal in the freezer.
The weather at the end of the week was at least 55 degrees warmer than the beginning!  We (mostly me) picked up a wheelbarrow and a half of sticks that have fallen due to the winds.  Benjamin still thinks it's a game which is beneficial for us.

Of course there was time for LOTS of play, too.  Breathing in the fresh air was wonderful.

This boy has LOVED playing with balls since he was a small baby.  Even though he has some at home and our house, I told him that we would add to the collection before he went home for the weekend.   Our destination was Dollar Tree because "Everything's a Dollar".  We bought nine new balls and sent four home with him.  He was really proud and possessive of his new acquisitions!  I was very proud of him at the checkout.  He has been to the store enough that he knew when I gave them to the cashier, she would give them back.  He did not fuss or cry but just watched the process.


And that's it till next time.  Hope your week is GREAT!

14 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

He's ALL boy... My 3 boys loved balls--any kind!!!! And of course, they also love sticks!!!!

Glad Benjamin is doing well with the steps also.

Bet your spaghetti and meatballs turned out GREAT... YUM...

Hugs,
Betsy

M H said...

The Bento boxes are such a good idea and you have made the concept work well for you and Benjamin.

Unknown said...

Your breakfast box looks super. Benjamin is so cute and love the pictures with the balls. He also looked like a good helper picking up the sticks, etc. It was nice to be outside in the sunshine and fresh air wasnt it?

Theresa said...

What a sweet little fella:) Love the idea of the pencil box for snacks! I cook extra sometimes too, great to have something you can just pull out of the freezer and heat up:) Enjoy your day dear Lynda, HUGS!

TexWisGirl said...

he is SO cute! and growing!

George said...

All of the pictures of Benjamin are absolutely adorable. I know it must be a real pleasure to have him around and to help you pick up sticks. We always try to have leftovers when we prepare a meal. It makes things much easier for future meals.

betty said...

How cute with all the balls and Benjamin! Good toy to like to play with! Glad he got a chance to have some outside play too! I followed a blog for a bit (she stopped blogging) but she made a lot of muffin tin meals for her kids that they enjoyed; its a neat concept! I hadn't heard the term Bento Boxes before, will have to check that out more!

Have a great week ahead!

betty

betty said...

How cute with all the balls and Benjamin! Good toy to like to play with! Glad he got a chance to have some outside play too! I followed a blog for a bit (she stopped blogging) but she made a lot of muffin tin meals for her kids that they enjoyed; its a neat concept! I hadn't heard the term Bento Boxes before, will have to check that out more!

Have a great week ahead!

betty

Patsy said...

Grandmother's are wonderful,what great adventures they plan.

Terri D said...

The box snacks - great idea!! Benjamin is so cute, and is growing up so fast! I love that he is sitting in the middle of his new balls!! He is very smart about the steps. Hope he continues to be careful!

Anonymous said...

Benjamin is growing and he is so sweet. What a great time you must have with him. Thanks for sharing him with us.

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a joy he is. Love seeing him doing all these 'big boy' things; stair climbing, helping in the yard and loving balls! Love all the photos.
XOXO

Karen said...

What fun you two are having, Lynda. He is so blessed to have you near. I sure miss keeping my little granddaughter. Enjoy!!

White Lace and Promises said...

Your baby looks close in age to mine. 2??? It's so much fun, isn't it. I only wish I lived closer. Thanks for dropping by. I'll visit again soon.

Bonnie