Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Where's the Turkey?

Most of us are dealing with some colder temperatures this week so thought we might enjoy a visit to the beach - - - Panama City Beach in Florida.  That's where we went for most of Thanksgiving week.
We stayed at the Wyndham Timeshare.
Our goal was to rest and relax and we did that well.
As you can see, my sister was having fun.
We could have sat and stared at the ocean all day.
God's creation is beautiful.
The weather was COLD but tolerable.  We never went in the water but walked the beach each day.  Some people actually ventured into the ocean on Friday.  It was not that warm!
My sweet husband helped me collect some small shells to put inside a Christmas ornament.
 This was definitely a good week to be there because it was not crowded at all.
It was quite serene and gave us peace. 


10 comments:

betty said...

Looks beautiful and a nice place to rest and relax! I know what you mean about looking at the ocean all day; I never get tired of seeing it. Our water temp was 60 degrees yesterday, too cold for me but people went in for the Polar Plunge :)

betty

Terri D said...

Panama City is a pretty place, and about six hours from Lakeland! That's why it is colder up there than it is here in Central Florida. You could have gone swimming if you were at St. Pete Beach...just sayin'. :) And I could have visited! Glad you had a nice, relaxing time, Lynda!! We prefer walking the beach, even when it is hot enough for a dip in the waves!! Have a good weekend!!

George said...

It looks as if you had some pretty good weather for your Thanksgiving visit to the beach. We were in Palm Harbor, Florida, for Thanksgiving.

Joyful said...

Happy New Year Lynda! I hope 2014 is all you hope for and more.

The place you visited in Florida looks very nice. I always find it nice to see photos of sunshine or have real sunshine at this time of year. Yesterday was raining and last night was very windy. So today was a day of sunshine as the clouds were chased away.

Buttercup said...

My visit to Panama City was the first time I was in Florida. It was the summer of 1973 and I was living in Nashville. I like walking on the beach even when it's not hot.
On a different note, I don't buy as many books as I used to and I've started to use the library a lot now. I see reviews of books I think I would like and put in a reserve on line. I get an email when it comes in. Love it!

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful there. Blessings to you all in the new year.

Mary Helen said...

So glad to have you back blogging. Loved the food from earlier!

TexWisGirl said...

a nice getaway, for sure.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Visitors love Florida in the winter. :) I had several of them. LOL
I'm so glad you had a few days to enjoy our gorgeous beaches and sunshine!!! The ocean never gets old does it???
XO

Linda said...

Looks so beautiful, Lynda!