It may not look like much but it took Bill three hours to get home from work when it usually only takes twenty minutes. At most of the major intersections, there seemed to be a problem. Bill is waiting it out at the Hardee's just past the Denny's. There were seventeen cars involved in this. (Pic from local news.) Just up over the hill behind these cars was a similar scene. Long story short, Bill arrived home safely. Praise God! I didn't realize how concerned I was about him until I about burst into tears when he walked in the door.
All our kids made it home safely, too - - took a little longer than usual but there were no mishaps on the way. Another Praise God!
Our driveway is to the right of these trees.
I cleared it twice this afternoon - - - was able to use the leaf blower!
Our house is on the right of the below picture. That hill will not be clear or probably even sanded. We generally have to wait for the sunshine to do its work. But everyone is warm in their homes tonight so we will rest well and think about the roads . . . .
. . . . .tomorrow . . . . .
Hope you all are warm and safe tonight, too.
P.S. THANK YOU all for the help with my comments question!
P.S. THANK YOU all for the help with my comments question!



14 comments:
Its pretty, but never fun to drive on it. Glad all in your family made it home safe and sound!
betty
Similar scenes around here:) It is beautiful and I enjoy the beauty of it all! Thankfully, I can stay in the warmth of my home and just look out the window! Have a blessed and safe day dear friend, HUGS!
We were fortunate to not have such traffic problems here on the Plateau, but it was still slow going. I'm glad everyone made it home safely, and I hope your still keeping warm in the frigid weather.
Thankful your hubby made it home, safe and sound. All of our children and grandchildren did too. As retired folks, we can stay in and stay warm. I did and do pray for those that have to get out tho!
glad you are safe!
Weather like that is hard for folks who don't usually see weather like that! The city/county transportation people aren't equipped, and the drivers don't know how to handle their vehicles on snow and ice. It's best to just stay put, for sure.
So glad you and yours are all safe and warm!!
So happy all are home and safe.
Now just enjoy the pretty snow. We didn't get snow but it sure is cold here.
Thank goodness all of your people made it home safely! It's amazing what a mess a bit of weather can make of our lives.
XO
Looks beautiful! Thanks for being a great reder!!
Yipes... I've read about these problems in your area. Friends in Chattanooga took hours trying to get home yesterday. Luckily, my son left EARLY... He made it home --and I was thankful.
Glad your hubby finally got home.. That kind of storm is NOT FUN. Did you see those horrible photos of Atlanta? Gads...
Hugs,
Betsy
Yes, I saw the news. Sometimes there are benefits to living in a small town with all the EMC, DOT, and GA Power trucks right down the road.
Glad they got home safely.
So thankful you all are safe and warm. Funny how we can be tough and then fall apart when it is over. I know you were happy to see your husband walk thru that door. Have a restful night.
I am really happy that you are warm and safe! Thankfully I am able to comment on your blog, Lynda, as your comments section here is embedded and not a popup window. :)
So glad everyone is safe. It's amazing how much snow some people are getting this winter. Stay warm. Hugs. xx
Post a Comment