Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Apple Cart Turn Over

As I mentioned yesterday, our church services were canceled for today. Our services are telecast on the local network each week. They are a week delayed but we had it on TV this morning. Last week's sermon was great so I didn't mind hearing a repeat. Now we are enjoying our day of rest - - which involves moving furniture! But it is a rest from our usual activities.

I don't know if Newton's Third Law of Physics could be applied in our house - - - the equal and opposite reactions idea - - - but there is surely a law of "decorating" that when one piece of furniture is added or moved, it leads to another and another and another being moved. That means we are in a bit of an "Apple Cart Turn Over" today.

It hasn't been as difficult as this. (No, these are not our neighbors or us.)

But it hasn't been as easy as this either. (hmmmm, maybe we should claim this picture. It takes 25 years off our lives!)
First we moved a shelving unit (not our shelves pictured).
Then a desk (not ours pictured) has come up from the basement to go in the guest/craft room.
Moving the desk allowed my husband's treadmill to be placed facing the TV. Now if we can figure out how to get his OLD heavy TV downstairs, he will be very excited. I suggested the wheelbarrow because that TV is bulky and too heavy to carry around the house or down the stairs. And again, that's a story for another day!

Then the disciples went away again unto their own home. John 20:10

3 comments:

Rae said...

I get in a mood to rearrange furniture quite often. Halfway through I always wonder why in the world I started it. You are right - one thing leads to another. It becomes a very involved project. Hope you eventually get done and get some rest.

Mary Helen said...

I missed going to church today but it was fun to have an "extra" day. I just learned that there is no school tomorrow. But we have to get back to our "regular" routine! I enjoy the snow, but glad it doesn't stay around for too long!

Caribbean Cindy said...

Glad you had a day of rest - sort of!! Hope your backs are still doing well from all that moving. Your house is going to look so great. I never rearrange furniture! Did you read on Beth's blog that she doesn't either?? My kindred spirit! :-)