This is no big deal for those of you in the northern states but for us, it is because some side roads have to melt before they are clear. Melting will not happen tomorrow since the forecast is a high of twenty-five degrees with northern winds. We have very little accumulation but there doesn't have to be much frozen on the roads to cause problems.
As we were coming home tonight, a good-looking, newer truck was in front of us getting ready to make a right hand turn. The problem was the driver got out of the main lane onto the wide paved shoulder. The shoulder was covered with snow. They hit their brakes and slid into the ditch. Although I grew up in upstate NY, I never drove on snow before I moved south. However, I know you don't hit your brakes when you are moving along at a pretty decent pace on snow.
My husband is scheduled to go into work tomorrow but I don't have to be anywhere. So I will stay home, get laundry done, etc. and read a book. If you connect to this link, you can see some of the most recent books I have completed. Hope you enjoy your weekend. Stay warm. Stay healthy.
As we were coming home tonight, a good-looking, newer truck was in front of us getting ready to make a right hand turn. The problem was the driver got out of the main lane onto the wide paved shoulder. The shoulder was covered with snow. They hit their brakes and slid into the ditch. Although I grew up in upstate NY, I never drove on snow before I moved south. However, I know you don't hit your brakes when you are moving along at a pretty decent pace on snow.
My husband is scheduled to go into work tomorrow but I don't have to be anywhere. So I will stay home, get laundry done, etc. and read a book. If you connect to this link, you can see some of the most recent books I have completed. Hope you enjoy your weekend. Stay warm. Stay healthy.
YOU have made summer and winter. Psalm 74:17b
3 comments:
So glad you get to stay in out of the nastisness today!! I've been praying for safety for everyone. I did you picante pork last night - put the sauce over 3 center cut pork chops in a slow oven - delicious!!! I enjoyed reading the book reviews. Can't wait to read the Angela Hunt series next time I am home. I love her books. One tip - sometimes it is hard to see the title of the book on that page. Maybe it would be good to go ahead and type in the title and author so they are easily seen. Have a great day!!
Excellent, suggestion, Cindy! Carol (library volunteer - not office worker) is doing my proof reading. She & her husband are on winter break from TN but this still allows her to be a library worker while gone. And it helps me out. She sent corrections yesterday. I am going to try and access the site from home to update it before Monday.
I'm also happy to be staying out of the weather today. I'm busy studying for tomorrow, resting, and considering a blog update, but the internet here is SOOOOO SLOOOOWWWW....
Post a Comment