Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shoveling

We still had snow on our subdivision roads today.
However we did not have one of these.

We understand that there were plows on the main roads and those roads were cleared. The way our driveway and road got clear today was with shovels. My husband and older daughter did the driveway. Then he and I did the road and hill coming to our driveway. He figured it was about 200 feet in all. We are so thankful that this is not something we do on a weekly basis during the winter. It's fun exercise once in a while but would be another stress to deal with on a regular basis if we lived farther north. Also, he was able to get my car out of the neighbor's yard at the bottom of the hill (where I parked it last night). It's back in the driveway.
Because the roads aren't dry and clear - - - and there is a slight possibility of more precipitation tonight, many churches have canceled services tomorrow to help avoid falls in the parking lots. It is very rare that churches close their doors on Sunday in Cleveland.

One fun project that was completed today was the assembling of brushed nickel shelves for our kitchen. Ours actually have 5 shelves with the top one leaving some of the post showing so we could still easily reach some items up there. It holds double the amount of items we had on the wooden shelves in the same space. However, the kitchen looks larger - - even with a bigger shelving unit - - - probably because of the open design. One of our next decisions to make will be what paint color do we want? Most likely our cabinets will be white. I think I want to look at some glass tiles for over the counter tops but I am not sure. First we will have to remove layers of wallpaper - - but that's a story for another day.
Now we're finishing off the day watching "Miss America". They are very talented, hard-working young women. Read a biography of Heather Whitestone sometime to learn what a busy schedule these girls have the year of their reign.

I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4b

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sorry I missed the snow!!!!!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I take it snow is not your friend..I wish we didn't have so much of it..or the cold temperatures! Thank you for the comments on my blog, I appreciate them! It sounds like you have lots of projects going..get that camera fixed..or splurge and buy a new one!! :)

Caribbean Cindy said...

Glad you got your car back! The shelves sound really neat. Hoping all those roads are clean by Monday! Think how many calories you burn while shoveling!