Time just keeps on flying by, doesn't it? And that's what my fingers are going to do - - fly over this keyboard just to get you updated on what we've been up to this past week or more.
A week ago Thursday, my daughters and I went to the home of some "crafty" friends. The husband makes beads from melted glass. I have seen him do it with a blowtorch type tool and just drip and attach glass in different designs to make beautiful beads. He used to sell them at craft fairs but seems to be retired from it now. I wish I could take some pictures but I really need to take time to figure out where to take my camera to get it fixed. That won't be difficult if I put it on my list of things to do - - but it doesn't seem to be taking priority right now.
And you would think you were on the wrong blog if I didn't mention food - right? We have spent two Sundays in a row at Mamaw's! She is our son-in-law's grandmother. Yesterday was to celebrate her birthday. Last week was to celebrate mine. She makes our dessert request. Mine was yellow cake with her homemade fudge icing. She basically takes a fudge recipe and cooks it just short of it hardening. The next week, I took banana splits ingredients. At least the fruit was a bit of a balance to the syrups and sugars??!!
A week ago, our older daughter prepared Nacho Salad foods. There's another big YUM! The best part was taking the Velveeta-Rotel Dip and putting it on top of the salad rather than grated cheese. We did not check our cholesterol after any of those meals. But once again, notice that we had raw produce to balance some of that out.
Then last Thursday, the same daughter and I attended Cooking Live at our church. It is a once a month themed cooking demonstration with samples given out for five dishes. Over 50 people generally attend and it's a lot of fun plus some great information.
And regarding work, we have begun our adult reading program. I think 99 people are presently signed up. We are hoping for 200. It's fun. Most of them are regular library patrons but these promotions generally bring in some new friends for us to meet. Also, since we require everyone to read at least one non-fiction book, it encourages them to read some Christian Literature they might not usually pick up.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2a
A week ago Thursday, my daughters and I went to the home of some "crafty" friends. The husband makes beads from melted glass. I have seen him do it with a blowtorch type tool and just drip and attach glass in different designs to make beautiful beads. He used to sell them at craft fairs but seems to be retired from it now. I wish I could take some pictures but I really need to take time to figure out where to take my camera to get it fixed. That won't be difficult if I put it on my list of things to do - - but it doesn't seem to be taking priority right now.
And you would think you were on the wrong blog if I didn't mention food - right? We have spent two Sundays in a row at Mamaw's! She is our son-in-law's grandmother. Yesterday was to celebrate her birthday. Last week was to celebrate mine. She makes our dessert request. Mine was yellow cake with her homemade fudge icing. She basically takes a fudge recipe and cooks it just short of it hardening. The next week, I took banana splits ingredients. At least the fruit was a bit of a balance to the syrups and sugars??!!
A week ago, our older daughter prepared Nacho Salad foods. There's another big YUM! The best part was taking the Velveeta-Rotel Dip and putting it on top of the salad rather than grated cheese. We did not check our cholesterol after any of those meals. But once again, notice that we had raw produce to balance some of that out.
Then last Thursday, the same daughter and I attended Cooking Live at our church. It is a once a month themed cooking demonstration with samples given out for five dishes. Over 50 people generally attend and it's a lot of fun plus some great information.
And regarding work, we have begun our adult reading program. I think 99 people are presently signed up. We are hoping for 200. It's fun. Most of them are regular library patrons but these promotions generally bring in some new friends for us to meet. Also, since we require everyone to read at least one non-fiction book, it encourages them to read some Christian Literature they might not usually pick up.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2a
2 comments:
That bead/glass art work is so pretty. I think it would be a wonderful hobby. Probably a lot of work though.
As ususal you have made me hungry reading about your food goodies. That cake sounds delicious.
Hope the rest of your week is a good one.
oh wow, happy belated-birthday, the beads sounds neat. and the food yummy!
Post a Comment